Every year, The HVAC HERO scholarship program awards $2,500 to up to 20 students pursuing an HVAC degree at a community college, trade school, or technical institute.
The HVAC HERO Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year is now closed.
You can fill out an application for the 2024-2025 scholarship by clicking the button below.
Additional Career-Readiness Benefits from Our Partners
How To Apply
Submitting an application takes just minutes to complete in 10 simple steps:
- Click the orange “Start Your Scholarship Application” button above
- On page one, fill out the “Applicant Information” form and click next
- On page two, fill out the “Academic Information” form
- Upload a transcript from your current or most recent school
- Upload a reference letter if you chose
- List your honors/awards and extracurricular activities if you choose and click next
- On page three, submit a essay or video telling us why you are interested in HVAC
- Upload a recent headshot
- Tell us which social media profile you use most if you choose
- Click submit and you’re done!
Click the “Save and Continue Later” button at the bottom of any page to save progress.
Clicking the “Save and Continue Later” button will ask you for an email address and you’ll receive a link you can use to come back to your application at any time.
Scholarship Application Opens
Scholarship Application Closes
Scholarship Recipient Selection is Finalized
Scholarship Recipients Notified
Scholarship Awards Mailed Out
- Students planning to enroll or currently enrolled* in an HVAC technical program** at an accredited institution for the entire 2023-2024 academic year
- US Citizens, US Nationals, US Permanent Residents based on the guidelines utilized by the US Department of Education Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Student pursuing an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma in an HVAC technical program.
Preference will be given to high school seniors and students age 18-26. The first 350 applicants will be considered. If interest dictates, the limit may be raised to accommodate for more applications.
* Current students must continue to be enrolled through January 1, 2024
** Applicants are required to upload documentation that the eligible HVAC program is offered at the school applied to/enrolled. Employees and children of employees of EGIA and the EGIA Foundation are ineligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements, academic merit, financial need, and interest of pursuing a career in residential HVAC or home performance contracting. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans after graduation.