Every year, The EGIA Foundation provides a $2,500 scholarship to up to 20 students pursuing an HVAC degree at a community college, vocational school, or technical institute.
The EGIA Foundation Scholarship Program for the 2022-2023 academic year is now closed. Fill out the form on this page to be notified when the 2023-2024 scholarship application opens. You can also view the key dates and eligibility requirements for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Scholarship Application Opens
Scholarship Application Closes
Scholarship Winner Selection is Finalized
Scholarship Winners Notified
Scholarship Awards Mailed Out
- Students planning to enroll or currently enrolled* in an HVAC technical program** at an accredited institution for the entire 2023-2024 academic year
- US Citizens, US Nationals, US Permanent Residents based on the guidelines utilized by the US Department of Education Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Student pursuing an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma in an HVAC technical program.
Preference will be given to high school seniors and students age 18-26. The first 350 applicants will be considered. If interest dictates, the limit may be raised to accommodate for more applications.
* Current students must continue to be enrolled through January 1, 2024
** Applicants are required to upload documentation that the eligible HVAC program is offered at the school applied to/enrolled. Employees and children of employees of EGIA and the EGIA Foundation are ineligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements, academic merit, financial need, and interest of pursuing a career in residential HVAC or home performance contracting. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans after graduation.