Every year, The EGIA Foundation provides a $2,500 scholarship to up to 20 students pursuing an HVAC degree at a community college, vocational school, or technical institute.
The 2021 HVAC Scholarship Program is now open and accepting applications! Students planning to enroll or currently enrolled in an HVAC technical program at an accredited institution for the 2021-22 academic year can view eligibility requirements and key dates below, and fill out the form on this page to get started.
Your scholarship could be just a few clicks away
Application submission open
Last day for application submission
Notification of selection results
Awards mailed out
- Students planning to enroll or currently enrolled* in an HVAC technical program** at an accredited institution for the entire 2021-2022 academic year
- US Citizens, US Nationals, US Permanent Residents based on the guidelines utilized by the US Department of Education Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Student pursuing an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma in an HVAC technical program.
Preference will be given to high school seniors and students age 18-26. The first 350 applicants will be considered. If interest dictates, the limit may be raised to accommodate for more applications.
* Current students must continue to be enrolled through January 1, 2022
** Applicants are required to upload documentation that the eligible HVAC program is offered at the school applied to/enrolled. Employees and children of employees of EGIA and the EGIA Foundation are ineligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements, academic merit, financial need, and interest of pursuing a career in residential HVAC or home performance contracting. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans after graduation.